Friday, April 01, 2005

The Day of April's Fools

I bring you my Salon de Bebe Couch and my Hide and Seek Poem, in honor of it being the 1st of April. You know. I also send them out in true homage to the two terror’s who absolutely NAILED me with a April Fools Joke over at Fantasy Cove. http://fantasycove.blogspot.com/
Gwen & Shiloh - Here’s to you! Just don’t get into the habit of these little tricks . . . I have a chicken and I know how to use it.



Hide and Seek Poem


There's a poem right behind my eyes
I think I almost caught it
If it hadn't slipped so slithery
I know I would have got it

One minute it is there
All bright and full and round
The next moment it is gone
Sucked up without a sound

If I could just get hold of it
My words would spin and sing!
But, are my fingers quick enough
To catch this cunning thing?

I will sit here untill midnight
With a bare, blank, empty head
And the dratted poem will pounce on me
As soon as I'm in bed!

©Edwina Peterson Cross

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home