Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Lost

I have lost the map
to my self. I am lost
in a river.
Lost in a forest.
Lost in mountains
of disregard.
I wander behind
my own eyes.
I listen to
my own speech
as if it were
the call of a bird
thought long extinct.
I study the face
in the mirror, read
the runes of its smile,
its frowning storm.
I realize that
I do not know this language.
There is no stone
which translates
from my eyes
into the coins of breathing,
the small change
that reads my palm
and vanishes
like the gypsy heart,
like the morning's
pale moon.

2 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Thank you for finding these images. Shadows from Winnie, runes from your poem so many to picture and think about. Fran

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The beauty of your words are heavy with truth this time, Mike. Truth for me; I have been lost in those mountains, and I do not understand the language. Penetrating and perceptive - I certainly feel the knife.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home