Saturday, May 14, 2005

Revealed Two Daughters

Winnie's thoughts
brought me two think of two daughters
thousands of miles away and apart.

Two Daughters

Where then are the daughters of memory --
prancing laughter,
barefoot flowers, singing whispers?
Can they be now as tall as childhood swings --
forward to tears
and back to shoulder carry;
hyacinth cheeks and elderberry pouts,
corn silk braids
chewed as haystack disarray;
legs as beanpoles running --
graceful dives in tranquil pools,
churned into frothy lace
above bashful --
sudden knowledge of the moon,
proudly jutting, fumbling waiters and pieced ears;
endless questioned everything,
pixie mischief and questing souls,
fix a car -- cut down a tree,
double rows of eyelashes -- oh my!
choose to read,
and talk to me.

I walked behind --
amused at how all heads turned
with their passing,
secret knowing
shared with me;
two Valkyries perhaps --
with shields of confidence
and swords of wit,
courage to walk away --
fly away
from me.

I walk here barefoot in thundery rain --
a gift denied their high desert birth,
and set aside the quite lap times snuggled,
and wait -- wait for them to grow to know,
who I really am --
but I raised them too well
to be like me.

faucon of Sakin'el



1 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The very definition of ‘bitter-sweet’ isn’t it? This is beautifully descriptive, faucon. I can SEE these daughters, as well as KNOW them from your words . . . their cornsilk braids, “chewed as haystack disarray” (Oh yes!)
“legs as beanpoles running --
graceful dives in tranquil pools,
churned into frothy lace
above bashful --
sudden knowledge of the moon”

The endless questioning and questing, is what I remember/miss the most. I am a bit of a fraud in my bitter-sweet mourning, as I have one of two daughters here with me now. I have learned, however, how quickly and how far they can fly.

The poem “After Revelations” was a bounce back poem to another poem written by a young mother who is exhausted, caught in the whirl of ‘now.’ Now I will post a couple of others on the same subject and then I will shake my head like I’m coming out from under water and see about some Phoenix Ashes. I wonder what the Alchemical Sign is for Phoenix Ashes? Fire is an upright triangle, but the ashes must come before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home