Saturday, July 23, 2005

A Song

I never could sing much --
'till Lady Emrys touched my throat,
and now I am blessed with 3 1/2 octaves
with vibrato and all --
think I'll take some lessons.

So now I write some songs also,
but, being untrained I often 'filk', i.e.
take a known melody and change the words.

The first verse was written for some
learning disabled children who crafted
earthware chimes. As I whistle the tune often --
"Glockomora" (sp), the rest just evolved.

faucon
........................................................................
KNOWING

I hear a chime,
A distant, earthen chime.
It sings to me of
Loving hands,
In angel voice,
And peaceful days.

I hear a chime,
A whisper, stirring chime.
Of fire and stone and
Gleeful shapes,
In quiet breeze
It laughing plays.

I hear a chime,
A lonely, yearning chime.
In dark of night and
Thunderous storms,
Of fearful doubt
It endless prays.

…………………………………………

I sense a song,
A heart-bound, ancient song,
It calls to me in
Words of crone,
Wizard touch,
And simple ways.

I sense a song,
A shouting, trumpet song,
Of seed and blood and
Honored quest,
In vigil born
It girds my loins.

I sense a song,
A plaintive, wistful song,
In brightest day and
Chuckling clouds,
With loving mirth
It endless prays.

………………………………………………………………………

I know a dream,
A resounding, echoed dream.
It calls to me from
Tears of stars,
And soul's joy
That are the same.

I know a dream,
A living, blessed dream,
From now and when as
Innocence
In covenant
And simple gifts.

I am a dream,
A choice and loving trust;
A rebirth mem'ry of
Of creation fire
And open hand
And trembling heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home