Friday, August 26, 2005

Walk me away where the world turns dark
Wrap me bright in the singing of birds
Sift for me silent the spell of the lark
Tell me the meaning of words

Walk me in circles, weave me in rhyme
Wrap me still and half woken at dawn
Sift me the silver shiver of time
Tell me the meaning of gone

Walk me around the heart of the earth
Wrap me in seas that you never will cross
Sift me a dying song, backwards toward birth
Tell me the meaning of loss

Walk me and wrap me, sift me the sky
Tell me, at last, the meaning of why


~ Edwina Peterson Cross ~

2 Comments:

At 5:36 AM, Blogger Megan Warren said...

Winnie
I love this poem! thank you for such imagery.
xxx

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Walking together, we weave ourselves into the beauty of the day and quiet of the night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home