Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Green Time

following this theme -- written last year


There was a time in high desert Spring
when I yearned to make grass grow green,
and hurry the kiss of early sunrise.

Then languid summer chores would set in.
I prayed for power to halt the grass
from growing ever into fun and play.

Later on in the Spring of my life,
a most sweet faire maiden taught me well
that the grass is always green somewhere.

Now, more of mind of past falling leaves
as memories to cover shortened lawn,
I am content as She does the work.

May the Goddess nurture rebirth seeds
and Father entice their height on high,
and Mistress tears feed their rightful place.

I now worry about teaching birds
to sing to the tinkling brook and thee;
with my new love ever by my side.


faucon

1 Comments:

At 1:49 AM, Blogger Fran said...

In greening
the goddess
breaths joy
and love. Fran

 

Post a Comment

<< Home