Thursday, May 26, 2005

If I Were a Spirit . . .

“They say that candles attract the spirits so when I light them at night on our patio, I invite all, seen and unseen, to join me in the light.” (Vi Jones)

If I were a spirit
Drawn like a dream
From the star-scattered sky
Where the dark Superstitions
Turn back time . . .

If I were the marrow of myth and magic
Spun in the deep chambered heart
Of the giant Saguaro . . .

If I were the earth echoed essence
Of red desert wind
Yearned through a coyotes throat . . .

If I were a spirit . . .

I would be drawn to your fire
And finding there such giving grace
She wisdom, such love
I would stay
And dance forever
In your light


Edwina Peterson Cross
May 26, 2005
(For Vi )

1 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

Thank you, Winnie, for that lovely poem. I do believe that the spirits are drawn to candle light. My muse is alive, when under the starry desert sky, I feel the presence of love in the flickering candle flame.

Is it the flickering shadows I see or something else?

Vi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home