Thursday, May 26, 2005

Oh, Quill of Mine

Oh, quill of mine,
How do you profess to know
Of what I think,
Of what I feel,
Of what is in my heart?

You take my thoughts
And display them
For all to see,
For all to know
My pain.

You share emotions
Best left
In the silent darkness of my soul
Then, broadcast them
For everyone to see.

Oh, quill of mine,
How dare you
Take my privacy
And flaunt it
With those who know me not at all.

You strip bare my soul,
Shred my heart
Into a thousand pieces
Then, toss them outward
To the winds of fate.

Oh, quill of mine,
Tell me why
You have the need
To probe my mind,
To destroy me.

Oh, quill of mine,
I beg you,
Let me stay behind this wall
Of comfort
And of safety.

Oh, quill of mine,
Be still.
Keep your counsel to yourself.
Move on.
Leave me alone
In the darkness of my being.

Vi
©May 26, 2005

2 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, Vi, you have captured that plaintive voice in my head and recorded it’s mournful little song! I do, indeed, think that just about everyone who writes has heard these thoughts, you’ve done a magnificent job of netting them, describing them, exposing them! I have said, as a definition of good poetry, that it is when you read something and say to yourself, “Yes! That is JUST how it is.” That was definitely the feeling when I read this poem.

Mrs. Marsh your thoughts are so true. One of the loveliest things about this oasis is the reverence, honor and care with which we treat each others exposed hearts. It is safe here and that is a wonderful thing.

And faucon! Thank you for the step into the future, I don’t go there often enough. Indeed! In a year’s time we will have such a rare and marvelous collection here. I love the thought of returning, rereading and reaping new revelations.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

Thank you all for your comments. Writing is and has been for me a therapy, a way of facing the darkest of depths or the brightest of heights. And yes, this is a place I can feel safe in sharing.

Vi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home