Thursday, June 02, 2005

Too dreary

Maybe that last piece was too to dreary ...

So maybe this will lighten things up --

gotta

gonna get me some new religion!
Somethin' not so confusin' and cruel perverse.
Find some stories not about vengence and wrath
or killin' childern or whorin' and what's that word …
Idolatry.
Nope, Judaism ain't for me no how!

gotta get me a new view of things!
Tired of hearin' how I'm cursed sinful
even without doin' nothin', leastwise pretendin'
Sunday doin's should be different from other days…
Hypocrisy.
Christians be alright 'cept for the churches.

Took a look at Islam and Sufi.
Getting' a lot of press so must have sumpin'.
Same God -- different book -- multiple heavens.
Befriend strangers but hate yourself and women.
Impetuosity.
Arabic prayers too tough learnin' anyhoo.

shoulda got on with special prayin'!
I see you there, ya know, all ashimmer;
Within meditation that looks in so deep
and know how much I cry not to be so alone …
Contemplation!
'sides, I hate UT orange and shiny scull.

I kinda hanker to Pagan,
What with nurture growth 'stead of teachin' rules,
And sexuality bein' fine and Goddess types.
But Wiccanry Redes like 'nother circle trip.
Ritualization!
Any Path is fine if it sorta looks like yours.

could I just talk to You more direct?
Forget the altar, candles and awful singin'?
Would ya hear me if'n I'd just hunker down
here in the dirt sayin' "Mother I'm home?"
Humanity?
Bein' you're God -- you'll prob'ly get it right.


faucon

4 Comments:

At 3:20 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Oh dear! With 'mother' Winnie winging her way to Utah and not 'at home' it is a bit quiet here Faucon.

If I had the where with all and could actually concentrate right now I would probably pick up on the need to revere earth because it is the earth to which we each return.

But then I am feeling pensive right now, wondering about the injustice of life. And, whenever I think of injustice I look at nature and realise that one should never expect justice.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

We are all, Faucon, creatures of Gaia: The Earth and we must revere Her. She is the air we breathe. She provides our food and the beauty we all crave. But, She can just as easily take away. We are born of Earth's womb and we must eventually go back to Her.

But, She does not call us sinners nor does she threaten us with the fires of hell. She does not beat up on those who are different or go to war because they do not believe as we think they should. She is not judgmental. She expects us to live like all her creatures and expects us to die as they do when our time comes. The survival of the fittest is not a cruel joke, it's as it should be.

Heaven is right here on Earth, as is Hell. It's up to us to make it what it is.

Vi

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger Fran said...

Mankind ain't much yet
and seldom knows which direction to look
but if we can just stick around and keep
this old earth of ours in fairly good shape for
the next generation perhaps, in ten thousand
years or so civilization may set in.....

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger maya said...

any path is fine if it sorta looks like yours.......

Love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home