Saturday, July 09, 2005

Questing

Dear Friends,

I am about to embark upon a Quest.

I am returning to the land of my foremother’s & forefathers, the mythical, magical Land of the Midnight Sun. I am going to sail up the fjords, visit the home of my favorite composer Edvard Grieg, the homeland of Hans Christian Andersen and the Isle of Bornholm from whence came all the Benson’s, Nelson’s, Jenson’s and especially Peterson’s who came before me. Here was mythical Hamlet sequestered in his darkness, I go seeking his ghost. Here the bright gods and goddesses of the Nordic Pantheon rode the back of the Northwind. I am called by a shushing, shadowed spirit of the snow.

I am collecting snail-mail addresses. When I was in England last year I actually, for the first time in my life, sent postcards while I was still on vacation. It was a lot of fun and I intend to do it again. If you would like to receive such a strange piece of paper from the forgotten Postperson, please email me and give me your address. Some I already have, others I would welcome. winniecross@charter.net.


Elske hen til al og Skoal mod nord Landskab!

~ Winnie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home