Thursday, April 28, 2005

Found Green

A new friend here suggested the beauty of the Tennessee mountains
as a replacement for the distant peaks of my youth.
I muse a bit this morning, and am not sure of the limits of what
y'all consider poetry, but ...

in a few minutes of frenzy -- this is what you get.

..............................................................................

Those borne easy
in the embrace of nature found in Tennessee
may not appreciate or offer prayer
for the grace of green I may feel.


Life in the high desert of my birth
has advantages
of pristine air, shuddering sunsets
and star stretch you have never seen, but…

The soul knows
when it is separated from communion
with the vibrant daily message of Mother Earth
in response to both shine of sun and draw of Mistress Moon.

It is simple --
life on Terra is meant to be green;
after all, old man Sol is a green star you know
(if you didn't, your DNA did).

And every plant that you love or curse
is simple energy of this blessing
changed into a form to provide food and pleasure.

As love defines our spiritual existence,
green defines our capture here --
or chance perhaps, to model love and life.

When I first visited here in September of 2003,
I penned this short piece,
playing on KNOXville and the immense greenery seen even then:

Green Tendrils of Ivy Knox

Oh, Ivienoch, bound home of Emrys.
Who can doubt the presence of Light
in such a green-lush and quivering cathedral?
A moment of prayer and thanks?
Of course.
A lavish bed for a brief nap?
Ah, could it be;
but I dare not allow moss and vine
overgrow my purpose.

But I will sit awhile.
………………………………………………………………………………..

Now I sit at Sakin'el, (Silent Breeze)
completely smothered in leave and vine --
hemlock, lilac, spruce and ivy.

Every window calls to me,
each bird a reminder of a tree branch,
the morning mist a slow unveiler of untold splendor.

In this, each dawn brings a reminder
of our own daily rebirth in love and purpose and dream.

please be green with me … Happy Spring to you all.


faucon

1 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Faucon . . . one could eat some of your words, with a knife and folk, they wouldn’t need any condiments. “pristine air, shuddering sunsets
and star stretch you have never seen . . .” Yum. In spite of all the greenness of the green greening going on, I’m going to debate that ultimate thesis that ‘life on Terra is meant to be green.’ (Said the girl desert born to the red rocks.) I shall have to ruminate upon it! And I ponder upon what makes us love different places? I think there is a bright harpers moon twined in that green-lush and quivering cathedral . . . everything seems to add up to everything, doesn’t it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home