Monday, May 23, 2005

Another Fitz Virgin

I am catching the whisps of this weeks postings- had seven days of 'me against the world'.
Now we're playing on the same team again.
Is this a Fitz? I took a line from Winnie's last post ( I don't mind that you rhyme at all!) and it is 55 words long.


THIS

Time will not be giving
the freshly broken flesh
of this moment twice.

Brilliant and sharp,
even as I bite, the
tang of ripe and juicy now
dissolves

and sweetly calls
to melancholy yesterdays-
familiar savoured aches
of memory's joy.

Thus sensation dies-
fierce, immediate,
this pungent, freshly broken world;
beautiful, if bittersweet
its passing.

1 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What an ambition faucon! I don’t think I’ll be one of your circle of poets, given that time restriction. My illness causes me to lose words and it is only with having the time to stare at the wall unconcerned that they return. Especially when I talk. If you were to visit me I might say something like, “Hi friend! Pull up a . . . one of those things people sit on! Can I get you a glass of . . . of . . . the stuff people stomp grapes for?” My children think I’m darling. Sort of like a two year old. Luckily, I am able to ‘talk around’ the missing words and after a lot of work, I’ve learned to do it without embarrassment. Given drifting time, I am able to come up with “chair” and “wine”, even ‘cozy, chair’ and ‘rich wine.’ I think, knowing that the clock was ticking, I would find myself doing nothing but gazing down into that void where words slip away, laughing as they go. If you ever decide you want to do the same thing on a long-term basis, however, I’m in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home