Sunday, May 15, 2005

FOR TIM

( inspired by your 'Revelations' Winnie to post this recently revisited poem)


We are complete-
untried in all the aspects
of our being, but I know
if nothing is known, if all is unclear,
we are complete.

We have barely turned the page
but I know
that ours is a whole, true story;
that the first word ( love) will always be
and never be enough
and I know
we won't put down the tale
though each new page will unfold flaws.

I know you are perfect
and I know that
I loved your imperfect lips
the moment that you kissed me
( that perfect kiss)

We overflow
and yet I know that
we will rush to fill the breach
of love's great greed.

We know it all
and yet will always
crave to learn the
secret nexts that now must hide.

The reeling world before us spills
and yet witholds in measure all
our love has,
in its wisdom,
not revealed.

1 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

So very profound, Heather - "that the first word (love) will always be/and never be enough." It seems to me, this morning, that those two lines just about sum up everything. I don't suppose there is any point in writing any more poems . . . it's all right there.

At least it seems so, to me, this morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home