Friday, June 24, 2005

Frozen Spring

This thought from Chris
caused me to plunge into the archives ...

SILENT CRY

I think the ice crystals shriek as they force climb the rocky face where yesterday we sought out tiny patterns of mottled hue and quartzine ridge.

I sense the frozen laughter of children splashing in the pool here where now even my distorted reflection is still half locked in summer mist.

I see there in barren bush the frozen tears of lovers on the bench and hear a silent call to join there in the snow and sweep away the trembling fears.

Yet I crouch here instead by choice with rocks hard and sharp that cut my knees and cramp my weary aging joints so that I may never rise again.

I do this for the miracle, my friend, that I know will surely move within this frozen glade where imagined death is close at hand and palpable.

Even now I hear the pulsing sob of the waterfall as its tinkling nature is silenced into an icy fist of protesting will for demanding life.

Now in the balance, at that brief point where life's willful protest is cold stilled with the approaching night, there is trembling vibrant peace.

The single, tiny branch trembles in anticipation and the heat and light of my simple presence is enough to thaw a single, yearning drop of life.

It flows slowly down the blackened branch to hang in suspenseful vibration of indecision - do you hear it? Hear it cry in joy and fear and hope?

It drops - spinning - a perfect sphere of pure light, and birth and doubtful freedom. Hear it sing - sing? Crystal chimes and echoed dreams?

It is frozen still again even as it touches down on the waiting glittering pool of mocking black pebbles and shattered ice-bound summer's fronds.

Did you hear it? At that moment where transitory life surrendered to cold silence with sure knowledge of what we fools dare call defeat?

It is worth the wait here in the snow and chilling wind and hard fought silence of the night to hear the lasting sigh - Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!


faucon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home