Sunday, May 15, 2005

Single Flower

When I think of a single flower,
I recall 'the jewel in the lotus,
known by many as "Oh mani padmi hum"

Yet I have found that few know the words
of this most ancient prayer, so here for

Winnie -- a gift

Heather - a medieval touch

Maya - brevity of a Fitzgerald ...


MY LOTUS

For some a simple bloom
of a thousand petal dreams;
kissed blessed pristine white.

But by ancient bent,
"I invoke
the path and experience
of universality,
that I be enfolded
within the lotus center
of awakened consciousness,
and wafted beyond all bonds and horizons."

In quest may my honor
be cast knightly black;
spirit to sustain.

faucon

1 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for this lovely gift, faucon, my friend. I love to paint the lotus, they keep turning up all the time. There is something incredibly soothing even in the act of creating one. I did not know the ancient prayer and I find it both soothing and . . . what? I want to say “launching.” Can you find a prayer launching? Opening, beginning, genesis, inception, originating . . .yes. Lotus Launching.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home