Tuesday, April 19, 2005

A house of oceans

Your body is a house of oceans.
Stepping in
from the shore, I can feel the tide
lifting the world.
Sad birds sing in the forest of your hair
An umbrella of wind opens
and all your flowers bend.
I search for you in your mountains.
My voice calls back to me
from the valley of your breasts
and thighs. I escape
onto the road of your neck
and throat and kiss the ground
with my steps, entering at last
with what is spoken at your ear.
What cities and nations,
what forests and rolling plains,
what curling streams...
what will you engender
in slow birth with love?

3 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Such incredible images and word connections - more than word connections - word partnerships - word relationships. “I can feel the tide lifting the world.” So beautiful. I feel your poetry should have a wider audience, Mike. I really feel that as many people as possible should be touched by this. I don’t know how/where/in what way, but it is a very distinct feeling I often get when reading your work.

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Fran said...

original, erotic, distingtive. Part of a larger work, perhaps?

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger maya said...

Greetings ruhdwulf!
I so agree with Winnie. The rest of world is missing out on something very special. You are a supremely gifted, hidden talent. "A house of oceans" blew me away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home