Friday, June 10, 2005

This time a POEM!

I have just posted a fairly long essay on a Poetry Blog. This is a side effect of being almost two weeks without being able to ‘write.’ I had a laptop, but I couldn’t get my hands down on the keys and ended up having to type with two fingers. I wrote in a notebook with a pen, but it just is not the same thing. With my hands on my ergonomic, cracked keyboard, I think and the words flow out my fingers. I am glad to be home. Now I’ll post a POEM as a bit of an apology. Also from the Golden Grove of Lemuria, a poem about my family. http://www.dailywriting.net/CrossGrove1.htm


ELEMENTS

Mother earth
Father earth
Aspen, pine with boughs entwined
Roots dug deep in life's sweet giving
Wanting....waiting....willing....
Find

Child of water
Liquid weaver
Shimmering bright her flowing mind
Laughter’s ripples breaking surface
Music....mystery....magic....
Find

Child of air
Creative Current
Flowing, growing, giving, kind
Painting breezes with her colors
Drawing....dancing....dreaming...
Find

Child of fire
Flash of motion
Clear clean sparkle multi-tined
Scintillate with hungry learning
Ready....racing....reaching....
Find

Universal
Elements
Link the world and all mankind
Build a family in this circle
Laughing....living....loving....
Bind


©Edwina Peterson Cross

2 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

I agree, Winnie, with faucon. There is a rhythm to your poem that makes me want to dance, Indian style, bare footed, feeling the earth beneath me and the breeze on my face.

Vi

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you my friends! I have always loved this poem which tells of my elementally different children - I loved the way it fell out with such rhythm. It does seem like a dance, and I would adore to have it be an incantation for either a drum gathering or a Bardic Circle.

It is interesting, I wrote it when they were much younger, but I had them pegged right from the beginning - Water, Air, Fire - it is truly who they are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home