Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Stones and Wood

I have walked in an land ancient with shadows
Green with magic, wreathed with mist
I have laid my hands to the stones of forever
Where the power of endurance exists

I have walked in the steps of the masters
Stood where they stood, seen what they saw
I have walked in a world that is thick with ghosts
I have felt them with reverence and awe

I have walked in a land that has long been tamed
Each hedgerow and field and tree
I’ve come home to a land that is wide and wild
Vast forests of green flowing free

So young, so wild, untouched, untamed
These titanic trees so bold
I love the stones, I love the wood
The new world, and the old


©Edwina Peterson Cross
April, 2004

1 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

Wonderful, Winnie. My sentments exactly.

Hugs, Vi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home